Pathway Church has started the process of looking for a new lead pastor. After serving Pathway for 25 years, Lance Logue was called to be the lead pastor at Highland Baptist Church in Redmond, OR. Pathway is very grateful for Lance and the excellent leadership he provided.
We believe God has an exciting future for Pathway and the best days lie ahead. The search committee is committed to finding God’s man who can lead the church forward toward this future.
- June 6 – A pastor search committee was appointed by the Shepherds.
- June 15 – Committee met for the first time to seek God’s direction and establish a search process.
- June 27 – Committee met to discuss candidates and consider resumes.
- July 13 – Committee met to discuss candidates and consider resumes.
- August 18 – Committee met to discuss candidates and consider resumes.
- August 31 – Committee met to discuss candidates and consider resumes.
- September 13 – Committee met to discuss candidates and consider resumes.
- September 27 – Upcoming committee meeting
Frequently Asked Questions
A speaking team has been developed including Jason Spurlin and others. Lance Caddel will serve as interim preacher on July 31 and will continue until a new lead pastor begins. Paul Hartman was appointed by the Shepherds as the Staff Liaison and will oversee the daily work of the church.
The Shepherds appointed the pastor search team as directed by the church bylaws. The team members are: Joe Flegal (Chairperson), Sheila Allen, Bob Bowker (Shepherd), Linzee Hamilton, Jeremy Logue, and Jose Ramirez. Jo-Anne Mackey serves as secretary.
It is impossible to predict how long it will take to find God’s man as the next lead pastor. However, the search committee is doing all it can to find this person as quickly as possible.
Progress reports will be put on Pathway’s website, sent through email, and given during weekend services.
Interested candidates can contact Joe Flegal at email@example.com or 503.816.5532.
- A search committee is appointed by the Shepherds.
- Committee meets and reviews candidates until they have a recommendation.
- The church is informed of the recommendation.
- Opportunities are provided for congregation to meet and talk with candidate.
- Candidate preaches in weekend services.
- Church members will be given an opportunity to vote by secret ballot on the candidate. The bylaws require an 85% affirmative vote to call the new lead pastor.
Only current registered members of the church can vote. To verify if you are a member of Pathway, contact Jo-Anne Mackey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 503.667.1515.
Any who desire to apply may do so and will be considered along with all other candidates.
Contact Joe Flegal at email@example.com.